News

We won’t see an ‘Anchorman 3′

We won’t see an ‘Anchorman 3′

NO MORE RON BURGUNDY: Adam McKay says the second "Anchorman" installment is the last. Photo: Associated Press

Director Adam McKay has ruled out plans to bring “Anchorman” back for another sequel.

Both the 2004 original and long-awaited 2013 follow-up were hits at the box office, bringing in a combined total of nearly $260 million worldwide, but McKay is adamant there will be no more films starring Will Ferrell’s news broadcaster character Ron Burgundy.

He says tells Empire magazine, “It’s done. I think that’s it. It was great to do it and it was so fun to work with those guys again, but I think that’s it for Ron Burgundy.

“That’s the last sequel we’re gonna do. There’s nothing more fun to me than new characters and a new world.. No ‘Anchorman 3.'”

When asked if he might change his mind again, after previously dismissing the idea of a second movie, he replies, “I’m going to say definitely no. I’ll actually say it in this case!”

Recent Headlines

in Local

New Rural Mitchell Fire District Passes

Fresh
fire truck

The election was held on Tuesday.

in Local

Martinez Pleads Not Guilty To Charges Stemming From Accident

Fresh
courtroom

The June crash killed one Mitchell teenager.

in Local

Davison County Salary Schedule Could Be Revamped

Fresh
cash money

No action was taken on the proposal.

in Music

The Doobie Brothers launch trademark lawsuit

doobiebrothers

The rock veterans are suing a cover band after taking issue with the tribute group's name.